Google has finally given us something we can point to after its core updates negatively impacts site’s ranking. Google has posted recommendations on core updates, which is updated every few months. The last one took place in June. As an overall advice, Google has asked companies to focus on content.
Nothing to fix
Google reiterated that there is nothing to fix on your site after the core updates. Sites that experienced a drop may be looking for some solution to fix it but the Google wants to ensure they don’t try to fix wrong things.
What can I do?
Google’s latest advice is almost similar to its 2011 advice around its Panda algorithm: “We suggest focusing on ensuring you’re offering the best content you can. That’s what our algorithms seek to reward.”
The company offered the following list of questions to evaluate your content:
- Does the content provide a comprehensive and substantial description of the topic?
- Does the content provide original reporting, information and research?
- Check if the content draws on other sources, does the content simply avoid copying or it really provides substantial originality and value?
- Does the content provide interesting information or insightful analysis that is beyond obvious?
- Does the title or headline avoid being shocking?
- Is the headline a descriptive summary of the content?
- Would you expect to see this content in encyclopedia, book or magazine?
- Does the content present information in a way that makes you want to trust it by incorporating background information, evidence, clear sourcing etc.?
- If you researched the site producing the content, would you come away with an impression that it is well recognized or well-trusted?
- Is the content free from factual errors?
- Is the content written by an enthusiast or expert who knows the topic pretty well?
Quality raters guidelines and E.A.T.
Like many SEOs have said over the past few years, you should read the search quality raters guidelines and also focus on EAT sections. These guidelines will help you assess the quality of your content and how is it in terms of EAT perspective.
To sum up, as we explore Google’s tips for improving your website’s search engine ranking in the future, it’s evident that keeping up with SEO is necessary for long-term success. The digital world is constantly changing, and the strategies you use today will determine your online presence in the future. To navigate this dynamic realm effectively, seeking guidance from a reliable digital marketing company in India like Brandconn Digital is wise. Our company offer expert advice, implements advanced SEO techniques, and ensures that your website not only ranks well now but also thrives in the ever-changing digital landscape of the future.