Google announced the rollout of the mobile-first indexing process. This would help the mobile users improve their search regarding what they are looking for.
What is Mobile First Indexing?
- It means the use of a mobile version of the page for indexing and ranking.
- It may also mean that the index will be organized based on the Knowledge Graph as opposed to the link graph.
How did Google earlier Index Your Site?
Historically, it indexed your site based on your desktop experience and the content that exists upon it. Simply put, it looked at web pages through a desktop searcher.
What Is Changing now?
Google now begins to index and rank your site based on the content on your mobile experience and not your desktop experience.
How does it Work?
Google may organize their index based on entities. This includes how keywords and language interact with entities.
One needs to make sure you follow the practices below to prepare for mobile-first indexing if your site has a separate desktop and mobile content –
- Update your mobile site so that it’s primary content is equivalent to your desktop site.
- It needs to be noted that the structured data should be present on both versions of your site.
- Also, on both versions of the site metadata should be present.
- You must make sure that titles and Meta descriptions are equivalent across both versions of your site.
How is it significant?
- With the mobile – friendly content, it will be helpful to look at ways to perform better in mobile search results.
- If a site lacks a mobile – friendly version, the desktop site can still be included in the index. However, a site with a better mobile experience would potentially receive a ranking boost.
- It basically adds a layer to understand which kind of content satisfies the typical user and the user intent.
- It may be advantageous to appeal to the maximum number of people in a mobile – first index.
Mobile-first indexing is no longer a future consideration—it’s the present reality of SEO. As Google prioritizes mobile-friendly websites, businesses must adapt to these changes to maintain and improve online visibility. At BrandConn, a leading digital marketing company in India, we understand the significance of mobile optimization and SEO services. Our SEO expert in India is here to help you navigate this ever-evolving landscape and ensure that your website meets Google’s mobile-first indexing standards and excels in digital marketing.