Before moving to Facebook Business Manager, let’s have a brief introduction about Facebook; It is a free social networking website that allows users to register account and create profiles, upload photos and videos, update status and send messages to keep in touch with each other (friends, family and colleagues).
Facebook not only gives people the power to connect with friends and family, it also builds the technologies to find the communities, engage and grow businesses locally as well as globally. But you must be wondering how Facebook is earning money when it is a free social media site? Let us answer it in detail!
How does Facebook make Money?
Facebook has over two billion users on its platform, but it doesn’t actually make any money on content or directly through its users. Rather it leverages the potential of digital advertising and offer it to corporates. Companies that really want to grow their business and connect with billions of people around the globe, who might buy their products or services. Companies in the verge to use this powerful marketing tool are now advertising on Facebook. According to a report in 2017, Facebook earned approx. $39.9 billion from advertising only which is about 85% of its total earning.
Now let’s understand “Facebook Business Manger”, what it is and how to setup it for business.
What is Facebook business manager?
As Facebook itself says, “Facebook Business Manager” is a tool that serves as a one-stop shop to manage business tools, business assets and employee access to these assets.”
Basically, you can
- Manage all your Facebook digital marketing and advertising activities.
- Control multiple users’ access to additional resources like your Instagram account and product catalogs.
Here are some of its key features:
- It allows keeping your business activities separate from your personal profile, so you don’t have to worry about posting in the wrong place.
- You can also see how your Facebook ads are performing with detailed overview data.
- It gives you the authority to give page and ad access to vendors, partners, and agencies without handing over ownership of the assets.
- It allows your personal Facebook information (just your name, work email, pages and ad accounts) not to be seen by Coworkers.
How to setup Facebook Business Manager:
This is the initial stage where you need to create a business manager account. For this you will need to confirm your identity by logging with your personal Facebook profile, but as mentioned above your coworkers and partners won’t have the access to your personal information in that account. After confirming your identity, you can create business manager account.
1. Go to business.Facebook.com and click the big blue Create Account button in the top right.
2. Fill the Business account by just entering your business name, your name, and the business email address you want to use to manage your Facebook Business Manager account, then click Next.
3. Enter your business details: You need to fill in specific details such as business address, phone number etc. in the below mentioned form. You will also need to specify the business use for this account. When finished, click submit.
4. Check your email for a message with the subject line “Confirm your business email address” Within the email itself click Confirm Now.
Now your business manager account is created and ready to use.
Step 2: Add Facebook business page to Business Manager
1. From the Business Manager dashboard, click Add Page. Then, in the pop-up box, click Add Page again.
2. There are multiple ways of adding a Facebook business page to business manager.
- You can add your own existing page.
- You can request someone to add a Facebook page to your Business Manager account.
- If your business doesn’t have a Facebook Page, you will need to create one and add it to your Business Manager.
If you want to add an existing Facebook page to your Business Manager, you can click “Add Page” button shown below in blue color. Assuming you have administrator access to the page you’re trying to add, your request will be approved automatically.
3. Type your Facebook Page name/Put Facebook Page URL in the area as shown below in the snap. Then click Add Page.
4. If you have multiple pages associated with your business and want to add all of them. By following the same steps add all remaining pages to your business manager.
Step 3: Add Facebook Ads Account to Business Manager
Note: Once you have added your ad account to Facebook Business Manager, you can’t remove it, so it’s critically important only to add accounts you own. To access a client account, click Request Access instead.
If you want to add your existing ads account to business manager, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Business Manager dashboard, and click Add Ad Account.
- Then click again Add Ad Account.
- After that enter the ads account ID, which you can find in Ads Manager.
If you don’t have a Facebook ads account, you can create new one. Steps are here how to set one up.
- Go to the Business Manager dashboard,
- Click Add Ad Account
- Then, click Create Account.
- Enter your account details, and then click Next.
- Mention that you are using the ad account for your own business, or another business or client, and then click Create.
“Each business can create only one ad account right from the beginning. Once you have spent money in your first ad account, you will be able to add more based on your advertising expenditure. There is no option of requesting more ad accounts.”
Now your Facebook Business Manager Accounts is ready to use and you can add people and partners in your business manager account to start working together.
“You can read also “How to add People and Business Partners to help you manage your Facebook Assets?”
If you are looking forward to run Facebook ads or Google Ads Campaign for your business, you can contact us @ +91 120 4293692. We have a team of Google Ads (PPC Management Services) and Facebook ads specialists who will help you to meet your marketing goals efficiently.